[Tweeters] Lazuli Buntings galore!

Paul Hicks phicks at accessgrace.org
Wed May 29 14:48:49 PDT 2013

Tweets, Tuesday evening I checked for Lazuli Buntings at Rocky Prairie just
W of Tenino along Old Hwy 99. At my first stop at the alpaca farm entrance 4
were singing in the scotch broom jungle to the south. (Westbound, pull off
toward the W edge of the entrance. Eastbound, pull off slowly at the small,
paved gate access immediately past the topped fir.) My second stop at the
gravel company entrance near the E edge of the prairie produced 1 singing
bird. All were well off the highway, which can be noisy. I could not quickly
locate any buntings in the more degraded broom patches or fields nearby that
are further off the main highway (eg, Melville Rd), but there should be some
around. Good birding!
-- Paul Hicks / Tenino, s. Thurston Co / phicks AT accessgrace DOT org