[Tweeters] Grandchildren see Black Tern/Juanita

Hank Karen karenhank at yahoo.com
Tue May 28 16:50:00 PDT 2013

Karen and I took our daughter and her children ages 10 and 13 to Juanita to see the Pied-billed Grebes' floating nest.  Fortunately we ran into George Pagos and Blair Bernson who told us that Ryan Merrill had seen a Black Tern at Juanita.  We walked out to where Ryan was and I got to see the tern through his scope.  Later the tern flew very close to the western most viewing platform several times and we all got good views of it.  Here is a photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/8872312467/

Hank Heiberg
Lake Joy
Carnation, WA