[Tweeters] Ridgefield NWR - Black Terns, etc.
rhettwilkins at gmail.com
Tue May 28 16:12:37 PDT 2013
Sarah M. and I birded Ridgefield NWR today and it was teeming with birds.
Our highlight was three BLACK TERNS over the Kiwa Trail marsh. Other finds
- American Bittern (3)
- Sora (several calling)
- Wilson's Snipe (several winnowing)
- Ruddy Duck (4)
- Blue-winged Teal (4)
- Pileated Woodpecker (1)
- Yellow Warbler (several singing)
- Willow Flycatcher (2)
- Western Wood-Pewee (2)
- House Wren (several singing)
- Black-headed Grosbeak (singing everywhere)
- Western Tanager (1 male)
- Yellow-headed Blackbird (4+)
- White-breasted Nuthatch (several singing)
- Purple Martin (8)
- Cliff Swallow (1)
- Great Horned Owl (1 adult and 1 fledgling)
The Kiwa Trail is hopping right now. Good birding!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tweeters