[Tweeters] Photo Gallery from Klickitat County 26 May 2013

David Irons davidirons20 at yahoo.com
Tue May 28 01:45:13 PDT 2013

Greetings all,

On Sunday, Shawneen Finnegan, Jim Danzenbaker and I wandered away from our usual haunts and spent the day exploring Klickitat County, Washington. We concentrated our efforts in the area around Trout Lake and Conboy Lake NWR. If you haven't birded this area, we can highly recommend it. The photo gallery at the link below will provide you with a taste of the habitats that we visited and some of the 91 species that we found. Highlights included a Veery, multiple Eastern Kingbirds, nine species of flycatchers (five Empids, Olive-sided, W. Wood-Pewee, and both Eastern and Western Kingbird) and nine species of warblers (Nashville, Common Yellowthroat, MacGillivray's, Yellow-rumped, Black-throated Gray, Townsend's, Hermit, Yellow, and Wilson's). Not sure how we managed not to see or hear Orange-crowned. We had a Long-billed Curlew and our only waterfowl of the day at Conboy Lake NWR. During the occasionally breaks in the clouds, views of Mt. Adams were
spectacular.

http://www.birdfellow.com/photos/gallery/785-klickitat-county-washington-26-may-2013

Note: If you click on any one of the individual photo thumbnails it becomes the larger featured photo and then by rolling your cursor over the larger featured image the captions will appear across the bottom. If you double click on the large photo, it will appear at full size.

Dave Irons
Portland, OR