[Tweeters] Monroe Honor Farm Ponds

Linda Phillips linda_phillips1252 at msn.com
Sun May 26 15:32:04 PDT 2013

Thank you to the many who responded to my request for direction to the Monroe prison ponds.

I arrived around 10AM Sunday morning and birded from the comfort of my car, hoping and waiting for the rain to stop. It eventually did and I saw many of the species reported from that site recently.

I missed the swan, and terns but I didn't go away disappointed. I tallied 31 species. I don't recall others mentioning , Black Swift or Virginia Rail.

Around 1:30 rain returned and as I was about to leave an eagle came in to get lunch. It made several attempts but I could not tell if it was successful.

Linda Phillips

Kenmore, WA