[Tweeters] Sammamish tube feeder rarities / The end is near . . .

Ned McGarry ned.mcgarry at frontier.com
Sun May 26 10:40:37 PDT 2013

During an 11-year tenure at our current address, I have seen neither Crow nor Red-Wing Blackbird at my 2nd-story well-observed hanging tube feeders of sunflower seed and peanuts outside my home office window.

Not until this week, that is. Certainly not rare birds, but what the heck? Crows visit my back yard routinely, and RWBB's nest in cattails a couple blocks away. They've never shown interest in my feeders before, and both stop by within a few days of each other . . . and both today within minutes of each other.