[Tweeters] Steigerwald Lake NWR

Lyn Topinka pointers at pacifier.com
Sat May 25 21:53:29 PDT 2013

hi all ... today Gene and I visited the Steigerwald Lake NWR, located
east of Washougal ... a perfect way to celebrate the end of a week of
rain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... (we got LOTS) ... the Refuge was pretty
busy with birds and not too many people ... we had over 30 species,
including quite a few Lazuli Buntings in the areas near the parking,
LOTS of Wilson's Warblers in the trees, a gorgeous male Bullock's
Oriole in the Gibbons Creek drainage near the boardwalk bridge, and
at least three American Bitterns at the second boardwalk bridge ...

the area of last summer's burn is hardly noticeable except for the
area of dead trees along the new gravel path ...

later,
Lyn

Lyn Topinka
http://EnglishRiverWebsite.com