[Tweeters] Violet green swallows playing? Practicing?

Denis DeSilvis avnacrs4birds at outlook.com
Fri May 24 08:56:02 PDT 2013

John,

Many times - my wife and I routinely put a handful or two of feathers on our
lawn from an old pillow and watch the Barn, Violet-green, and Tree Swallows
swoop down to get feathers. It's fun to watch as one bird will pick up a
feather, which must be the feather-of-the-moment, and have another bird
(even of another species) try to take it away. The feather might float away,
and yet another bird will snatch it up.

In Roy, sitting on the back deck late in the day, having a libation, and
watching this activity qualifies as entertainment!

May all your birds be identified,

Denis DeSilvis

Roy, WA

Mailto: <mailto:avnacrs4birds at outlook.com> avnacrs4birds at outlook.com