[Tweeters] Violet green swallows playing? Practicing?

Stark, John john.stark at bellinghamherald.com
Fri May 24 08:42:12 PDT 2013

Just a few minutes ago on my way in to work at our downtown Bellingham
office, I saw two violet green swallows playing or practicing with a big
fluffy feather. It wasn't one of THEIR feathers--it was the size of my
thumb, whitish gray, probably from a seagull. The birds circled the parking
lot, alternately dropping the feather, letting it float, and then snatching
it out of the air again. They did this repeatedly.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

*John Stark, Reporter*
The Bellingham Herald and TheBellinghamHerald.com
1155 N. State St., Bellingham, WA 98225
*Voice: (360) 715-2274*
Fax: (360) 756-2826
E-mail: john.stark at bellinghamherald.com