[Tweeters] Kent - Pectoral Sandpipers

Carol & Lynn Schulz carol.schulz50 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 14:16:09 PDT 2013

Hi Tweets:
After shopping at Costco, I needed a change of pace. Stopped at the barrier at the huge, dirt field that is at South Ctr. Parkway and S 200th St. Off to the south of 200th there is a seasonal pond in the field. We've received some rain (over 1/2 inch yesterday), and it was drizzling today at 1:00pm. The pond had some bird action, so I grabbed my scope (which I always carry to Costco to combat depression from my buyer's remorse) and saw 4 PECTORAL SANDPIPERS, and two Spotted Sandpipers. Killdeer were flying about, and it sounded like there were some juvenile Killdeer.
Yours, Carol Schulz
Des Moines