[Tweeters] Weird in Texas

L Markoff canyoneaglej at gmail.com
Sat May 18 06:15:29 PDT 2013

This is a not uncommon sight both when I lived in Virginia and here in
Texas. There are several theories about why it happens, including feather
mites. It is most common in Blue Jays and Cardinals, but as Jeff reports,
it can happen in other species as well. The "Little Gray Bird" Jeff speaks
of may have been a Carolina Chickadee as he says, but other
possibilities in Hill Country would be Black-crested Titmouse or Bushtit.
Cheers, Lori Markoff
Austin, TX...moving to Eugene, OR if all goes as planned