[Tweeters] JBLM Eagles Pride GC - 5-16-2013 - Flycatchers, warblers+

Denis DeSilvis avnacrs4birds at outlook.com
Thu May 16 22:09:31 PDT 2013

Tweeters,

Ten of us walked part of the edge of the Eagles Pride (JBLM) golf course
this morning starting at 8am and ending near noon, picking up most of the
usual new suspects, but missing things like woodpeckers and ducks (except
for Mallard). Flycatchers included well seen OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER, and
(heard) PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHER and WESTERN WOOD-PEWEE. In addition to the
ORANGE-CROWNED and YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS we saw last month, we also tallied
YELLOW and WILSON'S WARBLERS as well as COMMON YELLOWTHROAT. RED CROSSBILLS
also made an appearance (like in most of the rest of the Puget lowlands).
Total species for today: 37.

This nature walk, conducted the third Thursday of each month, is intended to
acquaint folks with the diversity of plants, animals, and insects on the
only publically accessible part of JBLM. (Just show up by 8am in the driving
range parking lot - Walk starting point: Bldg # 1514, Driving Range Tee,
Eagles Pride Golf Course, I-5 Exit 116, Mounts Road Exit. The next two walks
are scheduled June 20th and July 18th.)

What we saw or heard (or both):

Mallard

Red-tailed Hawk