[Tweeters] Ruston Way Martin Boxes

Karen Povey onsafari at aol.com
Wed May 15 14:20:13 PDT 2013

Tacoma's Ruston Way purple martin boxes, along with the colony at Titlow Beach, are being maintained and monitored by Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium staff and volunteers. We are working with WDFW to re-vitalize the colonies after a number of years without maintenance or regular observations. We have volunteer monitors observing the sites and collecting data weekly, but certainly welcome other information. Next season we plan to offer volunteer opportunities to a wider group of citizen scientists.
Any questions or observations can be sent to me at karen.povey at pdza.org

Karen Povey
Associate Curator of Education and Conservation
Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium