[Tweeters] White-headed Woodpecker emerges from side of building at Sleeping Lady Resort

Hank Karen karenhank at yahoo.com
Wed May 15 08:47:31 PDT 2013

Karen and I went to the Sleeping Lady Resort in Leavenworth in an attempt to see a White-headed Woodpecker.  We sat in the inner courtyard for 1/2 hour without success.  Walking back to the parking lot we heard drumming coming from inside a wall facing the parking lot.  We stopped and waited.  Soon a White-headed Woodpecker emerged, flew around to various trees and to the suet feeder in the inner courtyard and then back inside the wall.  Here is a video of it emerging from the wall.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/8741786844/

Hank Heiberg
Lake Joy
Carnation, WA