[Tweeters] eBird Report - Lake Sammamish State Park, May 13, 2013

Sharon Cormier-Aagaard scormieraa001 at hotmail.com
Tue May 14 14:36:11 PDT 2013

Hi Tweets,

For those of you who like to know what's seen at Lake Sammamish State Park, here's my report of the monthly bird walk:
Stan and I birded with 8 others at Eastside Audubon's monthly bird walk at Lake Sammamish State Park on May 13, 2013, from 8 am to noon. It was cloudy, with heavy, dark, threatening clouds, but, lucky us, it only rained once for a short time. Winds were light and temps were in the low to mid 50s. HIGHLIGHTS: the 3 escaped SWAN GEESE continue; 3 SPOTTED SANDPIPERS; 4 VAUX'S SWIFTS; 2 RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKERS; 2 WESTERN WOOD-PEWEES; 12 WARBLING VIREOS; 1 RED-EYED VIREO (singing and seen); 1 COMMON RAVEN being harassed by Crows; a 5 SWALLOW morning (no Bank); 4 SWAINSON'S THRUSHES; 11 CEDAR WAXWINGS; 1 ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER; 8 YELLOW WARBLERS; several YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS; 12 WILSON'S WARBLERS; 3 GOLDEN-CROWNED SPARROWS still remain; 10 WESTERN TANAGERS; 4 BLACK-HEADED GROSBEAKS; 8 BULLOCK'S ORIOLES; and 3 PURPLE FINCH. 59 species for the day; 100 for the year. The next bird walk is June 11. No pre-registration, just show up depending on your mood or the weather. Since this is a state park, a Discover Pass is necessary to park your vehicle ($10 daily, $30 annual). We meet in the large parking lot to the left just inside the main park entrance (not the boat launch entrance).

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S14113953

Sharon Aagaard
Bellevue, WA
scormieraa001 at hotmail.com