[Tweeters] A couple of calls identified, on Canyon Rd. in CWA - 5/13/13

Barbara Deihl barbdeihl at comcast.net
Mon May 13 10:56:01 PDT 2013

An addendum to my Central Wash. report:

While at the site where I watched the Prairie Falcons Friday night, I kept hearing a call I didn't recognize. Another birder who was there that day, too, reported to me that he discovered a Chukar calling up at the top of the cliffs. I was too caught up in watching the Prairies to spend the necessary time looking for the bird making the call, so thanks, M.H. for solving that mystery!

Also, the song and call of a Canyon Wren graced the cliff area while I was there - sweet !

Barb Deihl

North Matthews Beach - NE Seattle

barbdeihl at comcast.net