[Tweeters] Nighthawk?? Renton

Tim Brennan tsbrennan at hotmail.com
Sun May 12 19:44:00 PDT 2013

Hey Tweets! Out in the garden around 7, and I heard a good "PEENT" way up overhead... I stopped and thought about it for five seconds or so... thinking through flycatchers and anything else that I haven't seen yet this year, before I realized it was a Common Nighthawk call. Ran around looking for a circling bird, but found none, and it started raining about ten minutes later. Can anyone tell me about the pattern for these guys? When are the earlier arrival dates, and how out of place would this be? eBird tells me that they've been see in the state already this year, but I'm not seeing that in most years, which is why I was more skeptical. Tim BrennanRenton