[Tweeters] Edmonds marsh 5-11-13

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Sat May 11 15:33:53 PDT 2013

The Pilchuck chapter of the Audubon Society asked me to lead a tour of the Edmonds marsh Saturday morning as part of the chapter's International Migratory Bird Day activities.  Highlights included some western sandpipers, a lone male red
cross-bill, and one of the Pt. Edwards eagles stirring up things at the
heron rookery.

There may be more active heron nests at the rookery than the three I last saw
before the leaves got thick.  Even though the trees are fully leafed out, some of the nests can be best seen from the #4 (easternmost) viewing platform with the aid of binoculars or a spotting scope.   Herons were  coming and going from the nests the two hours were at the marsh.

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA