[Tweeters] Early Birds at Clarkston's Swallows Park

Keith Carlson kec201814 at cableone.net
Sat May 11 12:11:05 PDT 2013

Made the short trip to Swallows Park around 7 AM to see if anything new fell out of the sky last night.
Of note:
Bufflehead 24 +/- seems late
Ruddy Ducks 30
American Avocets 14
Black-necked Stilt 1 has been present for a couple of days
Least Sandpiper 1 For reasons unknown to me this has been a "Least Sandpiper year" with as many as 11 on our little mud
and at least one present every day for the last two weeks. A couple of years ago this was a Cat 5 county bird.
Franklin's Gulls 4 with the American Avocets. They all appeared to be resting together after arriving late.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/birddog/8729638860/in/photostream/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/birddog/8729644280/in/photostream/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/birddog/8728529343/in/photostream/lightbox/

Keith E. Carlson