[Tweeters] Short-billed Dowitchers - 204th Street (Kent)

Tim Brennan tsbrennan at hotmail.com
Fri May 10 09:41:06 PDT 2013

Hey Tweets!

Still watching the mud down here in Kent, and I was able to find the Short-billed Dowitchers this time around. Two were feeding close to the south side of 204th, alongside a Long-billed Dowitcher, allowing for nice comparisons with color, bill-length and spots vs. bars on the flanks. All of the dowitchers I saw two days ago were making the long-billed calls, but these birds made the tu-tu calls in flight.

Thanks Carol for first finding them!

-Tim Brennan
Renton