[Tweeters] fallout no fallout at Butyl Creek

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Thu May 9 22:04:58 PDT 2013

Hi all,

In re Richard Rowlett's post:

We just got back from NM/Arizona last night (and if anyone wants to read a blog about that complete with our bird-list and what shots I could get go to

http://ednewbold.com/we-visit-carroll-dewayne-littlefield/

) in time to see a Wilson's Warbler, Savannah Sparrow (possibly a resident near the powerline) and a female MacGillivray's Warbler bathing together in Butyl Creek, our backyard recirculating stream.  Last year a male MacG (males seem to come earlier) didn't show up til May 16 and in 2011 we didn't get our first female until June 11.

This morning early there were already four male Wilson's Warblers bathing together in the creek and I thought "OK get ready it's FALLOUT time!!!" but then didn't see anything but locals bathing all day until one lone Orange-crowned came in this evening.

So times of migration seem to vary wildly, but we'll be waiting and watching the creek and wondering what we may have missed last week.

Best,

Ed Newbold