[Tweeters] Edmonds varied thrush 5-9-13

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Thu May 9 18:21:25 PDT 2013

Thursday afternoon my son and I spotted a varied thrush in Pine Ridge Park in Edmonds.  I had never before heard the thrush's shrill trill nor will I forget it anytime soon.  I have always thought of thrushes as staying low to the ground, but this one was about 60 feet up on the branch of a tall Doug fir.

According to my local bird book, the thrush should have been gone by now.  Is anyone else still seeing varied thrushes in the Puget Sound lowlands?

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA