[Tweeters] Possible Hudsonian Godwit at Grayland Beach

Mike Clarke redeyegravy at gmail.com
Tue May 7 14:24:09 PDT 2013

Sorry for a delayed report. Yesterday morning at Grayland Beach while
scanning the Snowy Plover area, I spotted a group of 7 Marbled Godwits
flying away south about 100 ft. above the the beach. The second bird of
the group was darker and about 10% smaller than the other birds with an
obvious white rump patch. It's wing shape and wing beat were the same as
the Marbleds. I couldn't see underwing pattern or the head/bill from my
position, but the bird seemed like a good candidate for a Hudsonian. If
you're on the coast, look at those Godwit flocks closely!

Mike Clarke
Pullman