[Tweeters] Discovery Park Townsend's Solitaire

Doug Schurman doug at bodyresults.com
Tue May 7 11:02:36 PDT 2013

This morning Jordan Gunn, Jordan Sweeney and myself birded Discovery from about 6-9am. I think the winds kept some of the birds down a bit but we still found some good birds.

We did not see the Townsend’s Solitaire at the Chapel around 6:30 when we went by but later saw one at 9am. It was on the NW side of the Chapel first on the picnic table and then in the Madrones.

A few other birds of note were:

Yellow Warbler

Spotted Sandpiper

Black-headed Grosbeak

Western Tanager

Northern Harrier

Wilson’s Warbler

Black-throated Gray Warbler

Pacific-sloped Flycatcher

53 species for me and Jordan had a few more. Full checklist at

Doug Schurman

NE Seattle