[Tweeters] Monroe Ross Goose is back and Yellow-headed Blackbirds

Qinglin Ma qinglineric at gmail.com
Tue May 7 09:45:51 PDT 2013

Hi Tweets,

Yesterday around 7:40pm I went to Monroe Prison Pond to look for the Ross's
Goose. It was not there. Three other birders were there. However, the
Blue-winged Teal, Ruddy Duck, Cinnamon Teals, Vaus Swift were there. Soon
Rick spotted a Yellow-headed Blackbird flying towards us from the middle of
the pond. It landed across street on the ground where the cows were. I took
some photos and found a second bird. See the link below:

http://flickr.com/gp/qinglinma/e02adH/

This morning I went again to look for the Goose en route to work at 7:45am.
The goose was not there but the Trumpeter Swan showed up. I managed to
relocate one of the Yellow-headed Blackbird, foraging in the grass of the
strip of land in the middle of the pond. It flew over me and landed to the
ground across street with the cows. It flew back to the pond again shortly
and disappeared to the left corner.

At about 8:15am, the Ross's flew in with 2 Canada Geese. They landed on the
far left corner and seemed to settle down there. When I left at about
9:15am, they were still there grooming. I took some photos when it was
flying and on the ground but can not offload from the camera to the PC
right now.

Qinglin Ma
Kirkland, WA