[Tweeters] Ross's Goose

B&PBell bellasoc at isomedia.com
Tue May 7 07:58:24 PDT 2013

Hi Tweets

I went out this morning looking for the Ross's Goose at the Eagle Perch Ponds (old Prison Farm Ponds) near Monroe. The bird was not at the ponds, so I drove the area and on Tualco Road, at 7:15 a.m., the ROSS'S GOOSE flew over with two Canada Geese and dropped down into Riley Slough - out of sight - (19220 Tualco Road and just a short ways up from Willie Greens Organic Farm).

I first arrived at the Eagle Perch Ponds at about 6:55 a.m., parked on the small paved pad, and scanned the ponds. The TRUMPETER SWAN was on the close pond. Also present were: MALLARD, GADWALL, NORTHERN SHOVELER, BLUE-WINGED and CINNAMON TEAL, RUDDY DUCK, GREATER SCAUP, RING-NECKED DUCK, a couple of CANADA GEESE and lots of AMERICAN COOTs.

A nice way to start the morning.

Good Birding!

Brian H. Bell
Woodinville WA