[Tweeters] Trumpeter Swan at Monroe Prison Farm

plkoyama at comcast.net plkoyama at comcast.net
Mon May 6 08:10:56 PDT 2013

Tweets,

David and I ran out to the Monroe Prison Farm after dinner last night in hopes of getting the BW Teal (at least 2 pr.) and Canvasback (seen briefly after a long wait, near the blind) that were reported by Ann Marie Wood. The variety of ducks there was impressive for this time of year—shovelers, scaup, one pintail, wigeon, ring-necked, etc., and more Cinnamon Teal than we have ever seen in one WA spot. We were surprised to see one lingering Trumpeter Swan and wondered what’s keeping it here. It was sure a beautiful evening there, and on the way back home we stopped at a couple of farm puddles to view L and W Sandpipers and one (of course) Solitary Sandpiper in eventually fading light.

Penny Koyama, Bothell
plkoyama at comcast dot net