[Tweeters] Union Bay Watch - With Updated Link

Larry Hubbell ldhubbell at comcast.net
Sat May 4 12:44:44 PDT 2013

Tweeters,

(Sorry folks I think I have now figured out the issue with sending a link to Tweeters. The link below should work fine.)

This week's post on Union Bay Watch features a local bird with a nest in the Arboretum. This bird excavates its nest by creating a hole in a tree. It will aggressively defend its territory, even from larger birds. Another of its defensive techniques is to place resin around the entry to its nest. Can you guess what kind of bird I am from these three little clues?

To confirm your guess visit Union Bay Watch to see this bird and its nest.

http://unionbaywatch.blogspot.com/2013/05/nesting-in-progress-start-vs-finish.html

I hope you enjoy the photos and the video.

Larry Hubbell
ldhubbell at comcast dot net