[Tweeters] Mystery Empid

Mike Wile mikewile at comcast.net
Sat May 4 10:05:05 PDT 2013

Hi Tweets-

Last weekend, 4/28, I was birding in my back yard near Redmond WA and came
across a flycatcher. With all the talk of people seeing migrating
Hammond's, I became excited as that would be a yard bird for me. On closer
look, I am pretty sure it was a pacific-slope for the following reasons

1) Fairly large bill with an almost totally yellow lower mandible

2) Fairly long primary extension

3) Teardrop type eye ring

The only problems I have with it being a pacific-slope (which I see in my
yard every year) are:

1) In trying to call it in closer, it responded much more to a Hammonds
and Dusky call

2) 4/28 is considerably earlier than I have previously seen a
pacific-slope in my yard

Regardless, I still think it is a pacific-slope, but would appreciate a
couple people taking a look at my pictures and letting me know what they
think. Please let me know if you are interested and I will send pictures.

Thank you and Good Birding

Mike Wile

Redmond, WA

mikewile at comcast.net