[Tweeters] Edmonds marsh black-bellied plovers 5-2-13

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Thu May 2 12:47:39 PDT 2013

Today (Thursday, 5/2) I saw two black-bellied plovers (a lifer for me) at the Edmonds marsh between 11:00am and noon.  One bird was in full breeding plumage while the other looked to be in transitional plumage.  The two birds took off west over the marina around noon.

Also present were some small sandpipers.   My first guess is least sandpipers, but I'll know better when I look at my photos tonight.

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA