[Tweeters] Magnuson Sage Thrasher - looks like it has a cracked bill

Doug Schurman doug at bodyresults.com
Wed May 1 18:07:34 PDT 2013

This morning I went back to see the Sage Thrasher again. My wife had not
seen it and I wanted to see if I could get a better picture with a longer
telephoto lens. Found it quickly and got some nice shots.

When I was examining the photos on the computer I noticed the something
sticking up on top of the bill. At first I thought it might be dirt but on
closer inspection it appear the upper mandible is cracked and part of it is
sticking up.

Here's the close-up photo of the SATH bill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlebirdman/8700776908/in/photostream/

Here are a couple regular sized pictures of the SATH

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlebirdman/8699660875/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlebirdman/8699662161/in/photostream/

Doug Schurman

NE Seattle