[Tweeters] Anna's hummingbirds mating photos

Clare McLean clareishere at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 31 13:20:31 PDT 2013

Hi,
I recall that there have been some posts regarding Anna's nests in the past few weeks, so wanted to share some photos I got of a pair mating on 3/13 on Capitol Hill.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/claremclean/8607631280/in/photostream
I purposefully went by some blossoming trees where I had consistently seen the male in the previous weeks; fortuitously, I showed up with my camera as they mated. Not the greatest shots technically, but...
I've been back numerous times since--the male if often there, but I have not since the female, or a nest, since.
Clare McLeanSeattle, WAclareishere at hotmail.com