[Tweeters] Kalama yard birds

Hills of Kalama - A & S Hill 60stops2home at kalama.com
Fri Mar 29 22:01:37 PDT 2013

Today was a day of firsts for me. At around midnight, a NORTHERN SAW-WHET
OWL was making his advertising song. Shortly after dawn, our resident BROWN
CREEPER began his seasonal "please give me some more cheese" song.

While out for a quick walk in the 'outback' part of our property, I spied a
RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH working on a new nesting hole in a choke cherry tree.
She repeatedly disappeared into the hole and then stuck her head out and
dropped pieces of rotten wood onto the ground. I've never been lucky enough
to see this before, so it was an exciting moment for me.

Amy Hill

Kalama, WA

Cowlitz County

628 feet up