[Tweeters] RE: [inland-NW-birders] Grant, Yakima and Klickitat Counties Saturday 3/23!

Tim Brennan tsbrennan at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 25 20:13:27 PDT 2013

Hi Tweets and INWBERS! Sunday the 24th was indeed a good day of birding! I started the day at Toppenish NWR in Yakima, without anything unusual, but I did have my first of year Yellow-headed Blackbird. Klickitat County was productive, with about 70 species on the day. Highlights: Satus Pass: Varied Thrush! (I know... not unusual, but I do like 'em...) Centerville Road: Flyover of Canada Geese included one CacklerGolden-crowned and White-crowned SparrowsWilson's SnipeRough-legged HawksFOY Savannah Sparrows Last little bit of Centerville Road, before reaching Lyle: Wild TurkeyAll three nuthatchesBlack-capped Chickadee (finally! 100th county bird)Evening GrosbeakPine SiskinWestern BluebirdLewis' Woodpecker Lyle: Herring and Ring-billed Gulls Balch Lake:Gray Partridge?? I'm looking forward to answering some questions about this, but there were repeated scratchy calls from the grass by the church/house at the corner. Cadence and quality seemed good, but eBird doesn't have many pins in that area...Anyone who knows the area and/or partridge a little better that wants to email me with thoughts or questions, please... Bingen:Horned GrebeCommon LoonCommon GoldeneyePied-billed GrebeTree Swallows... a lot.... Rattlesnake Road (east of Husum):at the Staat bridge, I startled a Ruffed Grouse from the river, and then found an American Dipper from the bridge as well.Chestnut-backed ChickadeeGolden-crowned Kinglet Great weather, and a great day of birding! :) Tim BrennanRenton