[Tweeters] First Osprey

Lee Rentz lee at leerentz.com
Mon Mar 25 18:49:28 PDT 2013

Friday, while heading north on I-5, I saw my first Osprey above JBLM. It caught my eye because of the slow flight and huge propellors.

I haven't seen an Osprey from my Fawn Lake home yet this year, but the Wood Ducks and Hooded Mergansers are probably laying eggs in our nest boxes, and today we got our first Band-tailed Pigeons of the year, just after the Evening Grosbeaks left. The little Pacific Wren that had been roosting in our Christmas wreath has gone; I think it got tired of me looking at it. Now I can finally take down the wreath.

Lee Rentz
Shelton, WA
lee at leerentz.com