[Tweeters] Re: Black Phoebe - Elwha River Mouth, Clallam County 03/23/2013

Vincent Lucas vincentlucas5 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 15:39:27 PDT 2013

This morning, Monday, 03/25/2013, Michael Barry & Denny Van Horn refound
the Black Phoebe, first found on 03/23/2013 by Seattle birder Jan Sleight,
on the dike leading to the mouth of the Elwha River, west of Port Angeles,
Clallam County. I got there about 11:15am today and was able to snap a few
photos before the bird flew to the east and was not seen again. I left at
2:00PM. This is a new species for Clallam County. Way to go Jan! I also
photographed a Northern Shrike that made a brief appearance. A Mourning
Cloak butterfly was also out enjoying the sun. . . . Links to the phoebe
and shrike are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leppyone/8591029870/

and

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leppyone/8591029786/