[Tweeters] Spotted an American Kestrel

Levi Simpson levs55 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 23 12:41:35 PDT 2013

Hi, I don't write much, I don't know a lot about birds. But I do enjoy this email list.
My office has a nice little view of a big empty lot, we have lots of birds. Anyway this week we spotted what I believe is an American Kestrel. We spotted it on Wednesday (I should have posted then) and noticed it stuck around. It seemed to have a habit of flying from one perch to the next (A tree, a street lamp and a sign post.) Im not sure if it set up a nest somewhere, and Im kicking myself because I was going to bring my camera on Friday and forgot. So I am hoping to see the Kestrel still hanging around Monday. Really pretty bird. The location is in Burlington Washington just off of South Walnut street.

I also saw a hawk of some sort but never got a good look. It was decent sized, grey in color I believe and was flying really low. I was on the phone, couldn't get the binoculars out in time.

I'll try and write in more if I see anything new. :)

Levi