[Tweeters] Edmonds birds 3/18-19/13

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 21 02:58:43 PDT 2013

On Tuesday (3-19-13) I saw a small flock of cedar waxwings in the tree behind the main (#2) viewing platform of the Edmonds marsh.  The flock remained long enough for me to take a few photos in the poor light before it flew southeast across the marsh.   Later that day I took some photos of a downy woodpecker and red-breasted sapsucker at the fish hatchery grounds as well as five sanderlings walking the beach below Sunset Ave.

A Townsend's warbler has been hanging out around the fish hatchery grounds, where I photographed it on 3/18 and 3/19.

The red crossbills continue to appear in the pine tree across from Gallaghers in Harbor Square. Catching them there is just a matter of luck.

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA