[Tweeters] Thrush confusion & Um(p)tanum confusion

Hank Karen karenhank at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 20 19:45:33 PDT 2013

Yesterday my wife and I were pleasantly surprised to see a Varied Thrush in Yakima County on our return trip to Ellensburg from Audubon Road via Umptanum Road.  (I notice that the spelling of Umtanum Ridge usually does not include a p, but the spelling of the road often does including on Ellensburg street signs.  I found a 1934 Metsker map that includes the "p".  Does it matter?  Probably not, but every time I write Umptanum or Umtanum, it bugs me.)

Hank Heiberg
Lake Joy
Carnation, WA
karenhankatyahoodotcom