[Tweeters] Doug. Co. Black-backed Woodpecker

merdave at homenetnw.net merdave at homenetnw.net
Tue Mar 19 08:59:49 PDT 2013

Hi, Tweeters, Last Sun. I approached Central Ferry Canyon from the top,
and had one male Black-backed Woodpecker about 25 feet from the road.
There is a large area of bigger trees that burned near the top. I also
heard drumming farther down, but not as low as the cemetery. Had my first
W. Bluebird there, and also saw Hairy and Downy Woodpeckers. Most of the
snow is melted, but if you want to really explore, boots of some kind
would be advised. Good luck. Meredith Spencer, Bridgeport