[Tweeters] Whatever happens to all those rarities..

Josh Adams xjoshx at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 10:38:35 PDT 2013

Hello Tweets,
If you're like me, you perhaps occasionally wonder what happens to
those rare birds once they stop being seen. Most of the time we're
left in mystery, but I believe we might have on mystery solved.
Remember that first year male Common Eider that Sherry Hagen first
found in Westport last October? After a couple weeks or so it
disappeared never to be seen again, or so it seemed, but I suspect
that very same first year male Common Eider was just found in Coos Bay
Oregon, where it will be Oregon's first record of the species.

http://blog.aba.org/2013/03/abarare-common-eider-oregon.html

The photos look very different, but I assume that the bird would have
molted in the meantime?

Westport Bird:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/82286560@N06/8113453639/

Coos Bay Bird: