[Tweeters] Traveling with a Spotting Scope Question

Lyn Topinka pointers at pacifier.com
Mon Mar 18 08:32:05 PDT 2013

in addition --- if you can swing it with what you carry for "carry
on" --- take the head off your tripod and put that in your carryon
... just incase the duffle gets sent to Ireland and you're actually
going to Arizona ... it's much easier to buy a new tripod at your
destination than to buy a tripod AND head that you want ...

I've done what Chris has suggested going to Hawaii many years ago for
Haleys Comet ... it worked perfectly ... I also made two big straps
for my duffle and cinched them up real tight before they went into
baggage ... it was very convenient just for my lifting and toting and
getting into cars, etc. ... just something extra to grab on to ...

enjoy your trip,
Lyn