[Tweeters] Traveling with a Spotting Scope Question

JChristian Kessler 1northraven at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 07:50:22 PDT 2013

my experience is that I always carry the optics on myself, but pack the
tripod in a duffle with other gear (jackets, clothing, boots, etc.) that
will cushion & protect it. not had any problems with this approach. I
have a rectangular bag that fits under the seat & holds bins, scope, books
to read, & emergency clothing that I bought at Cabela's for a modest price.

Chris Kessler

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Blair Bernson <
blair at washingtonadvisorygroup.com> wrote:

> For the first time, I have an upcoming birding trip where I need to have

> my scope along. I would appreciate feedback on suggestions/thoughts on the

> best way to do this. It is a Swarovski with full size Manfrotto Tripod and

> lever head. Special luggage, carry it on? Thanks for your help.

> --

> Blair Bernson

> Edmonds

"moderation in everything, including moderation"
Rustin Thompson