[Tweeters] Says Phoebe continues at Green River Natural Resources Area - Kent Valley

william boyington wrboyington at msn.com
Sun Mar 17 18:16:36 PDT 2013

Hello Tweeters,

This morning (Sunday) I drove down to the Kent Valley to check on the report of the Says Phoebe. It was still there, around the entrance that leads to the close-by southernmost tower. I first saw it south of the paved trail that is along the south border of the area, until an approaching couple with dog prompted it to fly just north over the fence in among the newly planted saplings, where it frequently moved from perch to perch. I had parked in the gravel parking lot next to the Prologis Park (spelling?) and, in walking over to the trail, flushed two Western Meadowlarks that did not fly too far away, one giving good views of bright plumage.

Good birding,

Bill Boyington
Shoreline, WA