[Tweeters] Discovery Park this morning (Black-billed Magpie)
evanghouston at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 17 14:41:36 PDT 2013
The subject line bird was my highlight this morning (3-17-13) at Discovery Park. I saw him/her about 30 minutes after sunrise at West Point, during which time the bird attempted several times to see if flying high in the air made flying east over the sound palatable, and after deciding on a "no", it then finally took off south along the shoreline. It appears that it may have left Discovery Park, but I lost it quickly so... I wonder what the odds are that this is the same bird that Connie Sidles saw at the Montlake Fill recently. Documentation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j081JepNasQ
Other highlights among ~60 species:
- Barn Owl pair foraging at South Meadow
- Northern Shrike juvenile at restoration area NE of South Meadow
- Cedar Waxwings foraging in good light near North Beach Pond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoCXGzqHYBA
- a Rufous Hummingbird male, feeding on....salmonberry blossoms!
- the salt water birds appear to be clearing out somewhat, but waterbird highlights included Black Scoters and a Hooded Merganser pair.
5 pictures from today are here:
And the entire eBird checklist is here in case you wanted to see it:
More information about the Tweeters