[Tweeters] Re: Scrub Jays in Seattle

Mark Egger m.egger at comcast.net
Sat Mar 16 22:23:16 PDT 2013

Alison et al.,

That's so interesting! I live a few miles to the east, near 95th NE & Sand Point Way (Matthews Beach area), and I have NEVER seen or heard Scrubs since moving to this location in the mid 1980's. We have plenty of Steller's, but no Scrubs. But we still have a number of conifers of fair size, definitely more forested still than Ballard. It seems to be a reasonable hypothesis to think this is the variable that accounts for the distributions. Do you ever find Steller's in your neighborhood these days?

Mark