[Tweeters] Juanita Bay crossbills & snipes

Teresa Michelsen teresa at avocetconsulting.com
Sat Mar 16 15:53:41 PDT 2013

I was happy to find my first ever flock of Red Crossbills (I know, I know.
something of a nemesis bird for me) with the help of the visiting birder Ken
Burton at Juanita Bay Park on Friday. We also saw several roosting and
preening Wilson's Snipes in the reeds near the outer boardwalk, which was
something of a surprise and definitely the closest looks I have ever had.
Beautiful day with lots of turtles sitting out, Red-Breasted Sapsuckers,
Red-Winged Blackbirds, and Buffleheads courting, Hooded Mergansers, Wood
Ducks, and Virginial Rails calling.

Teresa Michelsen

Olympia, WA