[Tweeters] Basin birds today

kertim7179 at yahoo.com kertim7179 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 13 21:51:52 PDT 2013

I visited the central Columbia Basin and then headed north up through the lakes to Coulee City today.  Species of note included:

Burrowing Owl - 1 individual seen near Othello
Tri-colored Blackbird - several at Para Ponds
Trumpeter Swan - 14 on Morgan Lake
Snow Goose - 800 or so near Royal Lake (both Grant and Adams counties)
Sandhill Cranes - all over the place!
Barrow's Goldeneye - Lake Lenore
Turkey Vulture - Coulee City
Snowy Owl - 1 in Lincoln county at corner of Jannet and Morrison

Lots of first of the year birds for me today - first time out of Spokane county this year - makes sense!

Tim O'Brien
Cheney, WA
mailto: kertim7179 at yahoo dot com