[Tweeters] New (?) nesting colony of Great Blue Herons just southwest of Bellevue's I90 and 405 interchange

Sharon Cormier-Aagaard scormieraa001 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 11 15:19:48 PDT 2013

Hi Tweets,

Just in case these nests haven't been reported yet.... we were driving east yesterday on I90 around 6:30 pm towards Bellevue, soon to merge onto 405 south, when, looking south, I noticed (I was the passenger!) perhaps 20+ GBHE nests, nicely silhouetted against the sky (high up in cottonwoods?), with at least a half dozen GBHE perched in or very near the nests. Once these trees leaf out, the nests will be tougher to see. There is a bike/walk path under this area of the freeway, so perhaps by feet, it'll yield an easier "window" for further looks.

Sharon Aagaard
Bellevue, WA
scormieraa001 at hotmail.com