[Tweeters] JBLM -Lewis 3-9-13 - Bluebirds +

Denis DeSilvis avnacrs4birds at outlook.com
Sun Mar 10 19:41:44 PDT 2013

Tweeters,
Dark grey clouds, with an almost steady patter of rain today at Ff Lewis, but the time of the year seemed right for a trip to see if bluebirds were here. Sure enough, I spotted 11 WESTERN BLUEBIRDS scattered along the northern edge of the 91st Division Prairie, from the east side across to the area along Story Road opposite Nisqually Lake. The latter spot is where I found 5 in a small flock in an oak tree.

I originally started at the west side of Chambers Lake, birding from north to south. About 100 swallows, mostly Violet-green with about 30 percent Tree

Sent from my Windows Phone